Value #2 – Multi-Ethnic Church
We desire to establish a church that reflects the unified ethnic diversity of God’s people in our leadership, congregation and community.
There are 3 questions we need to face, in order to start becoming a multi-ethnic church:
1. What caused this segregation within God’s church?
- Church growth patterns.
- Demographic patterns.
- Non-Biblical teaching against mixed marriages.
- Cultural gatherings in the church.
2.What does the Bible have to say about becoming a multi-ethnic church?
Marks of a truly multicultural church
Ephesians 2:13-16 & Romans 15:7-13
- The Gospel causes us to Love Jesus and Each other.
- Accepting church.
- Inclusive Church.
- Worshiping Church.
- Overflowing Church
3. What are some actions we can take to overcome these barriers and become a multi-ethnic church?
- First, as Christians we must believe and preach the whole gospel, including what the gospel says about racial reconciliation & diversity.
- Model Diversity.
- Intentionally Building multi-ethnic relationships.
- As Christ Followers we must boldly apply the claims of the gospel and be willing to stand against any and all forms of injustice, racism.