Text: 1 Corinthians 15
- The Resurrection shows us that our faith is anchored to truth. 1 Corinthians 2
2. Sin Can Be Forgiven
Major evidences for the resurrection.
- Jesus died.
- He was in the tomb for at least 2 days .
- On the third day after the crucifixion, the tomb was empty even though it had been under guard and sealed by the Romans.
- The stone, which would have taken several men to move was rolled back.
- The body was never found.
- There was a remarkable change in the disciples.
- After all these years there has still not been a shred of evidence that the resurrection did not take place.
8. The disciples all chose to die a martyr’s death rather than deny the resurrection
- Lots of people saw Jesus alive.
3. Death is not the End .
- We should embrace the One who was raised from the dead.
- We need to use this truth to encourage us when we feel beaten up and defeated.
- We should aim in the direction of Heaven.