Theme: The church Jesus would attend.
Text: John 17:15-26
- One that Reveals the Truth of God 15-17
15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.
- One that is Unified. 20-21
20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
- One that is making Impact – V. 21b
And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
- One that Radiates the Glory of God v. 22-24
“I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!
- Jesus prayed that those who believe in Him would be one “so that the world may believe that you sent Me” (vss.21, 23). Why is our unity a powerful argument for the reality of Jesus?
- In what practical ways can we demonstrate our oneness with true believers in other CHURCHES/DENOMINATIONS?