Theme: Dealing With Emotions: Envy
Text: Psalm 73
What Is Envy?
Envy is a form of covetousness — envy is desiring another person’s traits, status, abilities or rewards for yourself, but taking it one step further — not only desiring it for yourself, but wanting to deprive the other person from having it.
- He Envied the Wicked – Psalm 73:3-12
- He Questioned the Wisdom of Living God’s Way- Psalm 73:13-14
- He Turned to the Lord- Psalm 73:15-20
- Confess Foolish Thinking. – Psalm 73:21-2
- He Rejoiced and Celebrated the Treasure he had Been Given.- Psalm 73:23-28
What specific envies and doubts are you dealing with and how can you have faith and humility to combat them?
Meditate on Psalm 73:26
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
- Ask God to give you discernment and perspective to think rightly about what is truly valuable and from God.
- Confess your Envy to God: Judging only by what you see, Leaving God out of the equation, forgetting the future.
- Thank God that he is good to his people and that he is the one who holds our hand when we almost slip and fall.