WHAT IS BITTERNESS?
Bitterness = a heart ready to take offence at any word or act; the opposite of kindness and longsuffering
Bitterness is resentful cynicism that results in an intense antagonism or hostility towards others.
14 Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
15 Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.
#1 Pursue peace with all.
#2 Pursue holiness.
#3 Encourage others in the same pursuits.
6 things Bitterness will do to your life:
1. Bitterness will devastate you spiritually.
2. Bitterness will destroy you physically.
3. Bitterness will Discourage you emotionally.
4. Bitterness will Divide the fellowship.
5. Bitterness will defile your relationships.
6. Bitterness will deprive you of a blessing.
How do we practically heal the Hurt that Won’t Go Away?
- Make a plan
- Stop Dwelling and Retelling
- Seek Grace
- Seek Professional Help
Is there a wound or pain in your life that you are still carrying around from someone? How are you handling it? How does God want you to respond? How will you begin the forgiveness process?
Meditate on Hebrews 12:14
Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.