What to Pray for Others: Colossians 1:9-14
Intercessory prayer can be defined as asking God to act on behalf of someone else. Sometimes we don’t know how to pray for our friends and family (or even those who have hurt us), yet we know we should pray for them. In Colossians 1:9-14 Paul gave us a pattern to follow when we pray for others. Read this passage and try using it as a pattern the next time you pray. Watch how God answers.
Pray that …
- they will understand God’s will;
- they gain spiritual wisdom;
- they live a life pleasing and honoring to God;
- they do kind things for others;
- they know God better and better;
- they are filled with God’s strength;
- they endure in patience;
- they stay full in Christ’s joy;
- they are always thankful;
- they recall God’s forgiveness of their sins.