Use these questions to talk to your child about the message of Ephesians. Then consider taking the so-what challenge to incorporate this session’s message into your own life alongside your child.
Read Again Ephesians 4:1–3
“You are joined together with peace through the Spirit. Do all you can to continue together in this way. Let peace hold you together.” (Ephesians 4:3, ICB)
- What is orthodoxy? (Correct belief.)
- What is orthopraxy? (Correct living.)
- How are God’s people supposed to live? (By loving each other.)
- What is unity? (Being joined together as one.)
- What do friends need in order to stay friends? (Peace.)
- How does the Holy Spirit give us peace? (By changing our hearts and teaching us to love like God loves.)
- Have you ever lost a friend because of a fight? Because there wasn’t any peace?
For toddlers: Give your toddler a chance to gently stroke a baby or a pet. Practice saying, “Be gentle. Don’t hurt the baby/ pet!” Help them learn what gentleness looks and feels like.
For grade schoolers: This week, practice patience together. When there are opportunities to wait, take them. Sit in traffic together without complaining, serve others first, or choose to love when it’s easier to be irritable.
For you: Give preference to someone else and exercise humility. Allow someone to go before you in line, or make dinner for your family even when they forget to thank you